At La Riva, we believe to truely connect with a region you need to get out and experience what makes the region so special and unique.
Take a Helicopter Scenic Flight over the spectacular Gippsland Lakes and Ninety Mile Beach, enjoy an informative boat charter or let us design a bespoke tour for you and your group.
- Lakes Entrance Helicopters – Scenic Flights, Heli-Experiences and Charters (TripAdvisor)
- Venture Out Australia – SUPs, Bikes and Kayaks hire and tours (TripAdvisor)
- Lakes Explorer – Educational Boat Tours (Skipper Pete) (TripAdvisor)
- Scenic Boat Tours / Eco Boat Cruises
- Camel Rides
- Buchan Caves
- Nullamunjie Olive Grove
Whether you are into water sports, bike riding, fishing, or a leisurely walk there is plenty of things to do for all ages and abilities.
Walk – Take a blissful walk around the property or venture down to the walking track along the Mitchell River which will take you to the Bluff. For extended walks, you can continue along to the Silt Jetties or Eagle Point Beach front.
Kayak – Direct access to the Mitchell River. Bring your own, we have two kayaks onsite or we can arrange to hire from our partner Venture Out Australia.
Stand Up Paddle – Direct access to the Mitchell River. Bring your own or we can arrange to hire from our partner Venture Out Australia.
Bike – Direct access to the Mitchell River, walking and bike track. Bring your own or we can arrange to hire from our partner Venture Out Australia.
Golf – Bairnsdale Golf Club (4 mins drive), The Lakes Entrance Golf Club (42 mins drive), Kings Cove Metung Golf Course (30 mins drive) or South Pines Golf Club (25 mins drive).
Raymond Island Koalas – Short drive to Paynesville to jump on board the ferry to go to Raymond Island, where many koalas live free to roam. Many gorgeous photo opportunities are available of these protected animals. Keep a close look out for the many echidnas that roam the island as well.
Fishing – Either by boat, along Ninety Mile Beach or off the banks of the Mitchell River, a short walk from La Riva.
East Gippsland has an incredible diversity of local produce. The region is renowned for its quality Gippsland beef and excellent seafood. As well as a plentiful supply of fresh fruit and vegetables, the region produces quality wines, beer, olives and olive oil, chocolate and condiments.
Where to Eat
- Sardine Eatery + Bar (TripAdvisor)
- The Long Paddock (TripAdvisor)
- Northern Ground (TripAdvisor)
- The Main Hotel (TripAdvisor)
- The Water Wheel Tavern (TripAdvisor)
- Albert & Co Catering (TripAdvisor)
- Earth and Soul Pizza (TripAdvisor)
- Two Spoons (TripAdvisor)
- Lake Whadie Cafe (TripAdvisor)
- Thai Monsoon (TripAdvisor)
- Metung Hotel (TripAdvisor)
- Golden Elm Pizza
Wineries / Breweries
- Lightfoot & Sons
- Nicholson River Winery
- Tambo Winery
- Wyanga Winery
- Red Bluff Brewery
- Bullant Brewery
- Sailors Grave
First and second Saturday and Sunday of each month.
Events[ Work in progress ]